Thursday, December 08, 2005

My First Post

Everyone has a first post, and I am no different. This is my first post to my blogger blog. Okay, so I have used tons of blogging software over the past few years. The question is, is it degrading for a techie to use a standard blog solution? For me the answer is no, because they can do it better than I. My job is system admin and software engineering. One of these days I will take the time to really work on a real blog page for me, but for now, this is easier and allows me to do other things that I need to do.

Reasons I have switched from my most recent attempt at Typo: 1) Bad Gateway problem at TextDrive. I get this error bad gateway from my lighttpd installation every few days, and I have to go in and restart it. The admins at TxD couldn't find anything wrong. Its not really their fault, I should know more, but I don't and I don't really want to waste the time to learn right now. There are a bunch of other things I'd prefer to work on at the moment. 2) Many people I know and respect have their blog with Blogger, so that puts me in the cool group. 3) Flickr support. Okay, I know Typo has Flickr support, but my typo bites right now and there doesn't appear to be any real hope for it. 4) My original theme is designed by one of my mentors (thoug we've never met) Jeffery Zeldman. Just want to say Zeldman... thanks for all the guidance.

Those are the reasons. Any questions, ask away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home