Sunday, January 01, 2006

New Year's Resolution

Its that time of the year again where we usher in a new year and pick the ONE thing we want to change out ourselves. Well, it doesn't have to be one, but it is normally one thing. The reason is that humnas think that it can should be easier to change one little thing as it will take less time.

My resolution is simply, "I will DO more."

I recently re-watched the movie "Batman Begins" and was struck by a single line in the movie. "Its not who I am underneith, but what I do that defines me." That really struck me hard, as I have always lived with the notion that it is enough to be a good person. This line means that being a good person is simply not enough. You have to do good things. I cannot succed at life if I am mearly a good/smart/intellegent/athetic person, I have to do things with my gift. I am not who I think I am, I am what I do with myself.

I have been a many with many gifts, but I've never used them to the fullest. I am going to change that, but I'm not sure it will be easy. I'm going to do mroe this year than I have ever done, and that is the plan.

Best of luck to everyone on their new years resolutions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home