Friday, January 13, 2006

There goes another body part

Once again I have managed to injur myself. I just want to say that I love cheerleading and gymnastics, just not what it does to my body, but it is definitely worth it.

So here is the setting. I'm in Rhode Island on vacation to visit a few friends. I've been lazy for a day already and now I'm at the gym for the second night in a row tumbling with a bunch of friends. We start out with some even bars, at which I suck (hey, I just started gymnastics... I'm only good at floor). Then we move on to some floor before we are booted by the high school team practicing. Then to tumble track, high bar and then back to floor. Well, next we are playing into the pit.

I put a block up and start doing layouts off the block into the pit. Then I say okay, time to work on the full. So I start spinning. The first one was horrible. The second one feels great, I get the flip then the rotation, all good, then I land, and CRACK, there goes something wrong with my ankle. I have no control over it... and don't know what to do. I go to pick my leg up and POP I feel it move back into place. I can barely move it, but I can move it a little in all directions. It quickly swells up to the size of a softball, even though I have it elevated.

Luckily, Dr. Dave was there and taped my ankle perfectly. I can't thank him enough. I spent the rest of the evening on the coach icing and elevating the poor thing. I got up this morning and made it to the hospital to have it X-rayed. Good news! its not broke, just sprained. No tumbling for at least 2 weeks, possibly 4. So sad!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home